3rd Competition of The Season - All Year Open

 Just earlier this week, I had my 3rd competition of the season! My coaches and I feel like I have made a good amount of progress, especially from my last competition, and have begun to become more solid with my program. This competition was at Irvine ice rink, and this was my first time skating on this rink. Despite that, I quickly adapted to my new environment, and adjusted my program to better cover the surface of this larger rink.

For my technical elements, I skated a single axel, single lutz, double salchow, sit spin level 2, double salchow loop axel sequence, choreographic sequence, single lutz loop combination, and combo spin level 2. I am very happy with myself for getting a level 2 on both my spins, with enough revolutions and difficult positions. For my jumps, my first axel got the most positive points, but I unfortunately popped my first double salchow. I am aware of the mistake I made, and hope to land this next competition. However, I am very glad I clutched my second double salchow in combination, making this the first double I landed in competition!  All of my other jumps and elements are pretty simple for me, so those were easy and breezy.. 

Comments

Popular Posts

Ice skating - Michelle Kwan

Chinese New Year