Spring Spectacular 2024 - Ice Skating Competition

 Just yesterday, I competed my first competition of the 2024 figure skating season! I competed at the Anaheim ice rink, at the 2024 Spring Spectacular season opener, and am pretty proud overall with my performance. With the new season, I also started a new program, moved up a level, and overall increased the difficulty of my skating.

Now, I am competiting at the Pre-Juvenile Plus Excel level, and also have double jumps in my program! With this level, all season, I am working to qualify for the Excel National Finals, where they take the top 6 skaters (competition score-wised) from each section of the country, to compete. Of course, this would be an amazing opportunity, and a fun experience, yet that is not my main goal this season. This season, I would like to focus on the component section of the score, meaning the skating skills, composition, and overall presentation of the skater. Last season, this seemed to be my weak area, so I would like to continue working on this to hopefully make it to nationals next season. 

 With all of that said, I am pretty happy with my performance this time around, yet had a few issues. For my technical elements, I skated a single axel, single lutz, double salchow, sit spin level 2, double salchow loop axel sequence, choreographic sequence, single lutz loop combination, and combo spin level 2. I am very happy with myself for getting a level 2 on both my spins, with enough revolutions and difficult positions. For my jumps, my first axel got the most positive points, but I unfortunately popped my first double salchow. I am aware of the mistake I made, and hope to land this next competition. However, I am very glad I clutched my second double salchow in combination, making this the first double I landed in competition!  All of my other jumps and elements are pretty simple for me, so those were easy and breezy.

For this season, I am skating to a combination of  songs from the Addams Family soundtrack, 

Comments

Popular Posts

Ice skating - Michelle Kwan

Chinese New Year