"Senioritis," But It's In Middle School

 Recently, with the current school year slowly coming to an end, I have noticed many changes in my behavior, academics, and studies. Though it is hard to admit, I can tell that I have been slacking off a little, not caring AS much about about certain things that I would have before, and honestly just become more lazy. I personally feel it is similar to "senioritis," which seniors in high school face, after getting into their colleges, except it is in 8th grade, after I "got into" my high school.

I do not feel that this issue is too bad, as I am still able to maintain A grades, yet they have just dropped into the mid-low A range, rather than the high A range I am used to. Also, some weeks, I find myself telling myself to "just make it to Friday," and "only 2 more months until summer," which is not the most ideal mindset going into high school. However, the only thing giving myself some leeway in my current situation, is that I am an 8th grader, and I do already have the high school I am attending, and nothing is to change. 

I am pretty sure most of my fellow friends and classmates are also dealing with this issue, as I can tell more people are spending time with friends and going out, rather then usually studying and doing homework. Also, most of my teachers have been addressing similar issues, saying how some are slacking off on the quality of their work, 

Comments

Popular Posts

Ice skating - Michelle Kwan

Chinese New Year