My 2020 Reflections (art competition)


This year I entered a pretty piece of artwork into the Reflections program. I got a good score and I tried my hardest and my hard work paid off. (I am not trying to brag)

The theme for reflections from 2019-2020 is look within. Things like looking within a bottle are looking through a window could count.

I titled my picture “My Big Heart”. In my picture I drew me holding a heart and around me there was 3 bigger hearts. In those hearts there are kind deeds that I have done before. I think it relates to the theme because I am looking within my heart.

The section of me holding a heart is the best part in my opinion. It is a really pretty picture of me with a tie-dye shirt. The heart is red with chalk around it so it is like it shines.  My eyes were closed and it looked like I was happy and relaxed.

 The first heart had me helping a boy with his multiplication homework. I am teaching him how to do it so he will understand it. Behind us are a bookshelf and a window. But I have to say that the boy I drew looks like a pigeon or bird.

The second heart was the biggest. It took place at the park and there are 3 characters. The first character is me, the second character is my sister Yanna, the last person is a sad and lonely girl. In this heart I saw a sad girl sitting by a tree and I wanted to play with her. When I went over there my sister was really surprised that her mouth was wide open. I went over to play and help the girl and then she smiled.

The last heart is the most important to me. It takes place at a field with a couple trees. There are again 3 characters. They are me, a bully, and a small girl. The heart has me protecting the girl by shooing the bully away. The girl hides behind me but peeks out. After I shoo the bully away he is sad/mad but the girl is happy.

The awards I won are: 1st place for bellflower school district and 1st place for 33rd school district. Because I won 1st place at the 33rd school district, I am competing against the state.

In my opinion this picture is the best picture I have ever entered into a contest. It is very pretty and all the hearts have white chalk and glitter around them. I only wish that the boy I drew for the homework help would not look like a bird.



Comments

  1. Congratulations again Yani for doing so well in the Reflections Contest! Your artwork is not only beautifully drawn but has such an important message. Your imagination and creativity is never ending and please don't ever lose that. I am so proud of you!

    Miss Ishida

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job Yani!! We love it!! Congratulations on your huge win and we know you'll do very well in the state competition!!

    Toni & Ella Woods :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ms. Toni and Ella it means a lot to me

      Yani

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Ice skating - Michelle Kwan

Chinese New Year