My 2024 Spring Break

 This year, my spring break was filled with traveling, skating, friends, and lots of relaxing! It was great to just take a break from all of the school and studies, and relax. This spring break, I took 2 different trips, and spent time with both my mom and dad. 

The first trip I took was with my mom and sister, and we had a weekend vacation to Carlsbad, where we constantly visit for short trips. However, we have not been there in a good amount of time, so it was fun to "reconnect" with the city once again.

We stayed there for two nights, arriving Saturday afternoon, and returning on Monday. Easter also happened to be this weekend, so we spent our Easter in Carlsbad. We did not do much, as this was just supposed to be a short girls trip, but we still enjoyed staying outside of home for a few nights. The first night, we just strolled around our huge hotel, looked at the flower field, walked in the outlets, and ate a lot of food. My sister and I's favorite in Carlsbad is the naked noodles, from Karl Strauss Brewing. For some reason, no other place makes their pasta with butter and cheese the same.

The only full day we were there was Sunday, which was also Easter. We decided to drive to a city in San Diego called La Jolla, and look at the crazy amount of sea lions piled. We visited the La Jolla cove, which was a pretty busy spot for a holiday. There was actually a little cave where you could walk to the edge and overlook the sea, which was pretty cool. After walking around, we found the insane amount of sea lions. There were many "hot spots" where they stayed, but most were not moving, and just sleeping or fun bathing. Walking by the beach and ocean was a very calming sound, also, and I just enjoyed the weather feeling like summer. After looking at the lions, we went to go eat lunch. There were many restaurants in a very developed area, and we ended up eating Mexican food. Once we left, we headed back to the hotel, and just stayed in the room for a little bit. Later in the night, we went to a buffet somewhat nearby, and had dinner there. 

Finally, our short trip came to an end, as the next day, we got some breakfast and headed back home.

With only a few days before our next trip, my sister and I stayed home alone for a few days. Along with skating and practing for my next competition, I also hung out with my friends, going to the mall and doing dumb things we thought were funny. 

Finally, after what felt like forever, it was finally time for our 2nd vacation! We went on a cruise! Personally, I love cruises most, as I find it so cool so many people are able to live on a ship and call it a vacation. We went on a short 3 day trip from the Long Beach terminal to Ensenada in Mexico

Comments

Popular Posts

Ice skating - Michelle Kwan

Chinese New Year