Random Weekly Daily Thoughts

 Being the strange teenager in our society today, I encounter strange daily thoughts based on my surroundings and just what is happening around me. For one week, I decided to record some of the strange questions I came up with and do a little research to answer my questions. 

Monday

Why does it rain?

This question might sound very dumb, but being a super cold and wet day and not being taught weather patterns in science, this is something that came to my mind randomly throughout the day.

Water droplets, more commonly called raindrops fall from the sky when clouds become filled with the water, and the cloud becomes to heavy. The cloud becomes too heavy to hold all the liquid, which results in it dropping in small sections, rain!

Tuesday

How large is the Milky Way?

In my history class, everyday, we do warmups, where we watch the daily video of CNN 10, and write about one story told. Today, one of the stories explained NASA discovering a star-shaped galaxy, and how most galaxies are the shape of a star, including our Milky Way. This then made me wonder exactly how large our galaxy is. 

Wednesday

How does a 3D printer work?

Today, my science teacher gave me a 3D printed fidget cube, as she has 2 3D printers in her classroom, and is in charge of the 3D printing club at my school. Besides just playing and fiddling it within my hands, I looked closer at the little cubes, and saw the thin layers of plastic which were printed. I was very intrigued, and wanted to know how the printer knew exactly how to print it.

It turns out, the resin used to create shapes is guided by a UV-laser beam, and is layered over and over until the desired shape is created. I thought it would be much more complicated than just a laser and resin, but the computer and "printer" does most of the work.


Comments

Popular Posts

Ice skating - Michelle Kwan

Chinese New Year