Female Leadership Academy Expierence

 Recently, I have taken the amazing opportunity to join my school's female leadership. It was an application based program, and I was accepted! Members are required to attend weekly "meetings" after school, and do many fun activities to help motivate us and other girls around campus. It has been going on for over 2 months now, and I have had a lot of fun and made many memories so far. 

We have meetings every Wednesday, from 2:45-3:45. Applications were open to all grade levels, so there is a good mix of grades and ages. I have multiple friends also in, and I have met many new people since I joined. Our "teacher" is Mrs. Kilkenny, and she is one of the nicest teachers I have ever experienced having. 

Our "daily routine" of our meetings starts with snacks, each week brought by a different member of our club. Usually, they consist of chips, cookies, and a small fruit - usually cutie oranges. Then, we are introduced into the "main" activity for the meeting, some rules, and other information. We then start the activity, which usually takes the rest of the time we have. Finally, we just clean up everything and make sure all trash is thrown away.

So far, we have had a good jist of what acitivites usually look like. We have made cards for teachers, cards for the local children hospital, made braclets, done community-building circles, and have had guest speakers inform us about their jobs and duties at their work.

Comments

Popular Posts

Ice skating - Michelle Kwan

Chinese New Year