One of the Most Chaotic Weekends - Comeptition, Testing, Friends

 Last weekend, I learned the purpose of studying history ranges from learning about human ancestry and generations, to learning how to solve problems to minimize war, there are so many reasons why humans study history. One reason to study history is to have a greater understanding of one’s personal history, ancestors, and more information about the current generation they are living in. For example, I have learned about my background & ethnicity, which overall has helped me discover and realize more about myself and how to live my daily life.

I have also learned that I am the third generation of my ancestry to be born in the United States, as both my mom, my grandma on her side, and my dad, my grandpa on his side were all born here before me. Another purpose to study history would be to help our current generation and government learn from mistakes in the past to help prevent unnecessary events from being caused. To expand, using a timeline of events and what led up to those could help us make the right choices and minimize conflict and rivalries between other countries around the world. For example, since the Titanic sank, enough lifeboats for every human aboard a ship are required, to help prevent another huge boat sinking from happening. All in all, there are many reasons why people should study history, and all of history has an impact on the choices and decisions we make today.


Comments

Popular Posts

Ice skating - Michelle Kwan

Chinese New Year