My Most Unique Trip to Las Vegas

 Recently, over the weekend, I went on a trip to Las Vegas, for the third time this year (no complaints). This time, unlike most, I went with my dad, and just my dad. He went for a business show, and I was just there tagging along. We stayed a total of 2 nights and 3 days (almost). 

Before heading to Vegas, my dad and I picked up our rental car for the trip - a Chevy Camaro. It was one of the first sports cars I have been in, and it was super cool and different from the cars I am used to. To start, the size. It is pretty short, and does not have much room for storage and extra passenger seats. That being said, the car would accelerate really fast in a short time span, and had a tiny front viewing window being so short.  

Once we picked up our car, I went along with my dad to his work for half the day. While there, I stayed in a little room by myself for the majority of the time, but went around from time to time. For lunch, we bought food from my favorite restaurant nearby - a Mexican grill. I always get their enchilada meal, and it is definitely my favorite from all I have tried. 

After lunch, we finally started the long drive heading to Vegas from the Riverside area. There was a good amount of traffic in the beginning, but it slowly started getting better as time went on. Along the way, my dad and I had some good conversations about my future, and different majors that would suit my personality. Once we finally got to a certain point along the road, we decided to take a pit stop at Eddieworld, or as I like to call it, the giant ice cream cone. We used the bathroom, and bought some snacks and drinks. We then continued the long drive, and ran into fantastic weather along the way! It started raining and lightninging, all while getting dark with the clouds covering the sun.

Finally, at around 7 PM, we made it to SouthPoint to eat dinner. SouthPoint has one of my favorite Japanese restaurants in Vegas, Genshin. After dinner, we drove a little bit longer until we reached our hotel - The Trump. 

The Trump is a pretty small hotel, is it tall, but pretty skinny compared to others on the strip. It is designed with gold all around and T logos on the shorter sides of the roof. The first thing to mention about the hotel is that the parking at the hotel is valet only, it is free and organized but was inconvenient at first. The interior of the hotel was pretty standard, it was marbled, fancy, and looked liked most hotels on the Vegas strip. We were placed on the 26th floor, and had a view of the rest of the strip. The room was really nice, there was a king sized bed, large window, 2 couches, a desk, a stove, complimentary water, a large bathroom with a jacuzzi, and many paintings and decorations.

Comments

Popular Posts

Ice skating - Michelle Kwan

Chinese New Year