My First Trip to Yosemite

 Recently, my family and I took a trip to Yosemite! It was my sister and I's first time there, and I can gladly say we would both be thrilled if we had the chance to go back. This time, unlike most, my dad also went with us, so it was a great time to finally spend some good, quality time together as a complete family. 

We spent a total of 4 nights, and 5 days, exploring the beautiful trees, views, and waterfalls of Yosemite. The first day, while we were driving, we stopped to get lunch at In-N-Out and Taco Bell. It took us over 6 hours to arrive at our cabin. The cabin we booked was called River Refuge, and it was in the "redwoods of Yosemite" area. 

The cabin was 2 stories tall, with 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, a full-use kitchen, a large dining table, living room, and lots of balcony/outdoor space. The "theme" of our cabin was bears, and even had some winter themed decorations from here and there. Our cabin also had many different board games and books to keep us entertained during the nighttime, after exploring. My mom, sister, and I shared a bed upstairs. We had our own connecting bathroom, and even a balcony. My dad's room was about the same, but I felt it to be a little smaller. The kitchen comes with all of the basic kitchen equipment, a stove, sink, fridge, etc.  Our cabin was located around 40 minutes away from the main tourist destination in Yosemite, Yosemite Valley. 

Comments

Popular Posts

Ice skating - Michelle Kwan

Chinese New Year