My 2023 Summer Break So Far

 It has already been around a month into summer! Summer this year has gone by so fast, I can't even keep track. I have already made many new memories and built onto and made new friends. Though not many large events have happened so far, I am pretty happy with how my summer is going, and hope the rest also turns out exciting, fun, and relaxing.

This year, like all others, I attend MVP summer day camp. I have been going there since I was around the age of 6, and still enjoy it as much as I did back then. Also this summer, I have and look forward to hanging out with my school friends a lot more, now being in middle school and having so many more classmates to become friends with.

It has only been around 3 weeks into camp so far, yet feels so short looking back. The weekly schedule for every week at camp is almost the exact same, with the exception of Wednesdays. Monday is just a chill and welcome to camp day, where we stay at Monte Verde park all day and just hang out there. Tuesdays, we head to the pool and spend a few hours there and at the park. This year however, instead of going to Mayfair pool, larger and more roomy, we go to McCormick pool, way smaller and squishy. On Wednesdays, we have an excursion. Excursion destinations range from arcades and trampoline parks, to theme parks and water parks. So far, our camp has been to Boomers, Disneyland, and SkyZone. On Thursdays, we regularly walk over to another park, one which has a playground and is bigger overall. We spend a few hours there and eat lunch. Once we head back to our camp, we can buy Kona Ice (Hawaiian shaved ice) and just play freely for the rest of the day. Fridays are the days that differ the most weekly. Every week on Friday, there is a theme, such as superheros, video game characters, etc. where there is an on theme little event with treats and games, and everyone is allowed to dress accordingly. We then have a BBQ hotdog lunch and usually have either a water balloon, nerf gun, or water gun fight afterward.



Comments

Popular Posts

Ice skating - Michelle Kwan

Chinese New Year