My 2023 New Years Goals

 2023 is finally here! I still find that crazy - I will be a teenager this year, enter my final year of middle school, and become annoying to my parents! Seriously though, time really has flown by, 2022 felt so short. With the new year here, it is time to set new goals to work towards the entire year. This year, my resolutions are similar to the past two years, a few large goals for each of my activities in life (school, sports, etc.).

This year, for my academic/school related goals, I want to end the first semester of my seventh grade year with all A's, earn all A's in the second semester, and earn A's and B's in eighth grade. So far, my grades are all A pluses, with one A, so the current semester should be achievable. I want to accomplish this goal by completing all my homework (preferably on time) and studying just a little bit for exams, as too much studying makes me forget things.

For my ice skating related goals, I want to pass my intermediate moves in the field test, have my double axel landed (clean or underrotated doesn't matter), and make it to the national competition in Texas. I think I should be able to pass my moves, but more practice is always better. I am unsure if I will land my double axel, but I at least would like to start working on it, and have all my other double jumps clean and consistent. The national competition is in July, and I would have to get sixth place or higher in at least two competitions before that. I am also unsure if I will make it in, but I am going to try nevertheless.

For my drawing/art related goals, my goal is to enter and win at least 2 competitions. Recently, I have been slacking off drawing by myself, and I really want to start doing it again as it is something I really do enjoy. Every year, I have been participating in the LA County bookmark contest and have placed 3rd the past two years, so I would like to enter that again along with some other competition that sounds interesting to me along the way.

Finally, for my social goals, I would like to keep the healthy relationship I have with my parents, and continue to make and talk to friends at school, the ice rink, and at art class. For being new to the school this year, I feel like I have made a good amount of friends, and made a pretty good impression. 

Though 2022 made some of the best memories I have, I am looking forward towards the new year and hope that this year will be as good as the last!


Comments

Popular Posts

Ice skating - Michelle Kwan

Chinese New Year