2022 Reflection Part 1

 The new year is finally here! I cannot wait for all of the fun moments & memories to be made this coming year, I feel that this is going to be a great year. However with that, we have to say goodbye to 2022. Personally, it was a great year for me for many different reasons, and I am sad to be leaving it.

One of the main reasons 2022 was such a great year for me is because of my friends. As I ended elementary school and headed into a different middle school than all of my elementary friends, it was a new, fresh start for me. I made many friends quickly at my new school, and they all helped me feel very welcome. With them, I also had my elementary friends for the first few months of 2022. I loved how our friendships were back then, but I also love the more mature middle school friendships I have made. Overall, I had a huge increase of the amount of friends because of middle school, and all of my friends the past year had a huge impact on my year & why it went so well.

Another reason why my 2022 was such a great year is because of all of the vacations I got to go on. We went to many different places, and I am very grateful for all of them. The biggest vacation my family and I went on was our trip to Hawaii. It was one of the longest trips I had ever been on, and I was so excited that my dad could come along as well, as he is usually too busy with work to come. We went to 3 different islands, swam at the beach, took tours, visited a dead volcano, and just enjoyed Hawaii weather and the break from school/work. Our entire family was also in Vegas for New Year's 2022 and also 2023, starting and ending the year in Vegas. We also went to Carlsbad and Palm Springs a good amount of times thought the year, and did many fun activities such as amusement parks, hiking, etc. 

As I mentioned before, my graduation of elementary school was also a huge accomplishment in my life, and my final days of 6th grade were some of the best school days of my life. We had promotion the 2nd-to last day of school, and it was a great experiences having to walk up and receive such a formal certificate. I also got a high-achievement academic award, which I was thrilled about. After the promotion, students were given the choice to stay at school for the rest of the day or go home early, and I, along with my closest friend, Sofia, stayed at school together. There were only 2 other kids with us, and Sofia and I had such a great time going around the campus, being on our phones, and just enjoying the time we had together. The final day of school we had a 6th grade Hawaii themed dance. It was in the cafeteria, and it was honestly really fun with the lights off, music, food, and balloons. I thought it was a great way to finally wrap up our elementary school time at Stephen Foster, and look forward to what was to come in following years. 

All in all, these were only a sneak of all of the great times I had in 2022, and there are still so many more worth mentioning.


Comments

Popular Posts

Ice skating - Michelle Kwan

Chinese New Year