The Most Popular Halloween Candy in the U.S.

 For a school assignment, we were given the freedom to choose an article to read and write a paragraph about. As Halloween is coming up, I decided to choose an article related to the star of the holiday - candy! 

After reading Newsela’s “The Most Popular Halloween Candy in America, By State”, article, I have gained new insights and understandings about the types of candy people are interested/not interested in. According to the article, the most favored candy in the U.S. are Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, followed by M&M chocolates. I have a personal connection to this, because Reese’s are definitely my favorite candy and M&M’s are also high on my list. As for the least liked candy in the U.S., Candy Corn, followed by Circus Peanuts. I almost find it funny that Circus Peanuts were the OG version of Candy Corn, yet people still hate Candy Corn more. I personally don’t hate Candy Corn, and can happily eat it once a year. According to the National Retail Federations Halloween spending's, we spend 3 Billion dollars a year on candy just for Halloween! Though it is a Holiday, that is a whole lot of money that can go towards life necessities and items for the people unable to afford things in order to survive. After reading the article, I now understand Americans taste in candy more, and found that every state has different favorites and taste pallets.

Comments

Popular Posts

Ice skating - Michelle Kwan

Chinese New Year