My Juvenile Moves In The Field Test

 Recently, I took my Juvenile Moves in the Field test (MIF) which was a really fun experience besides the fact that I have tested many times before. I was a little nervous and unsure if I would pass or not, but it all worked out okay.

For this test, I had to drive to the Toyota Sports Center, which is the LA Kings rink. The day before my test, I visited the rink for a session to get used to the layout of the rink. Though there were some major differences, I figured it out in the end got the chance to practice my moves.

My test session was pretty early in the morning, at 7:50, but I had to be there around 6-6:30. After doing some off-ice warmups, my friends and I put our skates on and got ready for the on ice warmup. 

I was first testing after the warmup, and I just tried skating my best, and remember what my coach had told me to improve. Overall, I felt okay, not super confident but not as if I had completely flunked it.

After watching my friends test and calming down a little, I got my results and I passed! I was a little surprised since I didn't execute everything the best, but I was still happy with how I did. For this test, you have 3 judges judging and at least 2 of them have to give you over 0 points in order for you to pass overall. I got 0 and above for all 3 judges which I am thankful for. 

Overall, it was a pretty fun experience waking up so early and skating, but next time I would like to pass my test with honors (7+ points), and hopefully have a slightly later testing session.

Comments

Popular Posts

Ice skating - Michelle Kwan

Chinese New Year