My First Trip To Hawaii Pt. 2

 Continuing on with my previous post, I will be explaining my first trip to Hawaii, going through the day by day activates my family and I did.

The next day, after the disappointing Big Island tour, we flew over to Maui Island, where another tour was awaiting us. Something I found pretty cute before we even started the tour was a train at the airport. It looked like one of those "real" trains (?) and was transporting people into and out of the airport. After breakfast, we went to our first spot, which was another mountain. It looked pretty cool, and you could even go up a little higher to get a closer view. There was also a little creek at the bottom and it was overall pretty nice. 

After that, we drove over to a Chinese/Japanese garden where we saw more statues, more creeks, bridges, and a xieshan roof design. We then drove over to to a shopping/food place and bought some shaved ice and ice cream. We saw a few birds and roosters there, even a few baby ones and they were so cute! After lunch, we went to a beach and just kind of played there. Finally, we drove a long road to see some turtles. There were a lot of them, and we even saw a practice helicopter rescue while we were there. We then took our flight back to Oahu and got ready for our activities the next day. 

The next day, the morning was pretty boring since our plans were during the evening time. We mainly just walked around and looked at the shops. Not going to lie, I was most excited for this, and it did not disappoint. We had a sunset dinner cruise! It might not sound that exciting, but it was really fun. Once we were fully settled on the ship, we got some crackers, breadsticks, cheese, and fruit, right before a very colorful salad. Since I don't like salads that much, I tried some and then let me parents eat it. I also got a very unique tasting pineapple lemonade to try. After looking at the views, we were brought lobster. It was the first ever lobster I tried and it was okay, I don't know if I would eat it again until I am older, but it was pretty good. After the lobster, we were brought small steak pieces and mashed potatoes. The steak was really good and even though it was pretty small, it filled me up almost entirely. As the sun began to set, we were given cake slices which were also pretty good. The crew then put on a short Polynesian play which showed a few islands of Polynesia and their celebrations to a new marriage. Finally to end the night, they had everyone stand up and dance, though mainly to the ymca theme song. 

The next day, we didn't have any plans so we decided to go hiking at the diamond head mountain. It was really hot, but there was a nice breeze at the top. It was pretty boring but the view at the end was really nice. We also saw a helicopter land somewhere on the mountain and many ambulances coming, though i'm not sure if it was just a drill or if someone was actually injured. After lunch is when I had my first ever acai bowl (which is really sad since I am extremely mad I didn't try it sooner since I absolutely love them now). In the afternoon, we went to swim at the beach where the water was so clear and pretty. Overall, it was a pretty relaxed day and we had a lot of free time which was nice.

Finally, the last final day of being in Hawaii came. It was really sad and I didn't want to leave, but I also kind of wanted to go back and see my friends and have the normal LA weather, since it was more humid in Hawaii. Today, we went to look at dolphins and snorkel in the ocean. We saw a pretty big family of dolphins and the smallest ones were really fast and liked to race the boat we were on. When we went to snorkel (again, it was my first time), we were kind of in a deep area so it was hard to move around. I honestly don't really like snorkeling since it feels weird to breathe into the mouth thing, but with a nicer reef it might be more enjoyable and worth the uncomfortableness.

The last thing I want to mention is the ABC stores. They are like mini Targets, but way more pricy and more food options compared to clothes. We shopped here basically everyday since they had most of the stuff we needed. The best thing about them though is the spam masubi, dole whip, and the cookies and cream Hershey pretzels they have. The spam masubis there are better than the ones we tried in a restaurant. The dole whip and pretzels are way more commonly found, yet still really yummy.

All in all, it was an incredible experience and I am still sad that we had to leave since it felt so short. I am however very grateful that I had this opportunity to visit the islands and I will be looking forward to the next time I go.


Comments

Popular Posts

Ice skating - Michelle Kwan

Chinese New Year