My 2022 4th Of July

 This year for 4th of July, I had an extremely fun time with my family, friends, and some fire. Unlike the past two years, I was with a different friend, but that doesn't change the amount of fun we had. I also attended the block party which my city had set up, but it wasn't as fun as the real 4th of July.  

This year, I hung out with my close friend, Ivy, and her family. We had a nice BBQ, random free time from here and there, and the wonderful firework display we saw. My parents were the ones who made all the food, including burgers, noodles, salads, corn, and meat. The food was all really good, but I liked the burgers the best. 

After we ate, Ivy, my little sister, and I all went on the trampoline and had ice cream while laughing our heads off at some online jokes. When we finished, I decided to start a compilation video of the rest of the night, as the good things hadn't started yet. I honestly really liked how it turned out, especially the firework clips at the end.

After about 30 minutes to an hour, Ivy and I started playing with the sparklers since it was getting a little darker. They were still really fun even after playing with them for multiple years in a row, but I was more focused on not getting my hand burnt off.

When we finally started the firework display of our own, my goal of the night was to try and light 1 of them. After we used a few, I tried to get used to the lighter, but it just wasn't working for me. I ended up finally doing a little annoying flashy one, but I got so scared once I lit it that I ran away right when it sparked. Finally, the last firework was the biggest, and it went a little wrong somehow. It was really nice and went a little higher than the rest but the box caught on fire at the end...whoops.

Once we got that mess cleaned up, my mom, sister, Ivy, my other friend Chloe, and I all went for a walk around the neighborhood to look at some of the fireworks people in our neighborhood were putting out. It wasn't that exciting, but we saw a few huge fireworks go off and they were pretty nice.

A week or so before 4th of July, my city hosted a little event to celebrate the birthday of our country. I again went with Ivy, but I met many of my other friends from school there as well. 

Comments

Popular Posts

Ice skating - Michelle Kwan

Chinese New Year