Summary (and New Years Resolution "lookback?) on 2021

 Since the new year is finally here, it is time to look back at everything that has happened this past, chaotic year. I will also be looking back at my old resolutions and giving my opinion on whether or not I fulfilled them.

Last year, my main resolution was to improve in all the classes I am taking. 

For my Chinese class, I wanted to learn new Chinese characters and speak Chinese more at home. I do think I achieved this goal because I learned the whole pinyin alphabet, learned many new characters, and speak it most of the time. Since I now go to an afterschool program with Chinese class, I have an extra class alongside my online one. Both have helped me a lot but I think my afterschool program has had a greater impact since it is in-person and more interactive.

For my art class, I wanted to practice drawing more independently and on my own which I definitely did not achieve. Aside from my class and doodling in school, I barely have drawn, and talk about alone... I will definitely "re-use" this resolution this year because I really do want to improve my skills.

Finally, my ice skating goal was to work on double jumps, land my axel cleanly and fully rotated, work on harder spins, and start working on my Pre-Juvenile moves in the field test. All of which I have accomplished this year. For jumps, I landed 3 doubles and consistently landed my axel cleanly. For spins, I have worked on variations, haircutter, and other tricky spins. Lastly, for moves in the field, I exceed my goal (to start working on Pre-Juvenile) by passing the Pre-Juvenile test.

Now, this past year has been crazy and filled with good and bad moments. Since I don't have super memory, I will only be going over what I remember (not much to be honest).

Since we were still quarantined for my 5th grade school year, nothing really exciting happened besides getting some awards and good grades.

One big thing I remember was when I first started to read the Harry Potter series. I remember the first book took me almost 9 months to complete whilst the second only took a week or so. This memory stands out to me because of how obsessed I am now (finally finishing the series).

I also remember the 2 summer programs I went to this summer - the Lakewood camp and FECC. I remember the Lakewood camp was pretty chaotic and crazy, but it was pretty fun. FECC was and still is my favorite summer camp since I met many new friends, learned some 6th grade material, and overall had a lot of fun.

Last year I turned 11 and had a really fun tropical themed party. I mainly invited my friends from FECC but also some of my og friends from school. We had a waterslide, made slime, and played a little Roblox. It was really fun but I wish I could have invited more people and not have been forced to wear a mask.

My final memory (up to November) this year was the start of my 6th grade school year. I don't remember much but I do remember how I was really excited but also a little nervous because I always thought the teachers were really strict. Overall, it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be since the teachers were pretty nice and we did many fun things.

Overall, 2021 was a very fun and crazy year that was full of surprises, chaos, and important lessons. I personally think I also matured quite a big during quarantine which made many things different when going back to school (compared to the end of 4th grade).




Comments

Popular Posts

Ice skating - Michelle Kwan

Chinese New Year