My 5th grade school year (Part 2)

Now that summer has officially begun, my school is off for a few monthssss. I have mixed feelings about this but I still am reflecting on how my different year went. There were many ups and downs during the third trimester but it was less stressful since school was getting closer to ending.

The third trimester was probably the easiest since we covered most of the standards and we just needed to review and learn a couple new things.

We did a lot of shapes and fractions in math. Most of the shapes and angles were the tricky part since we learned fractions before.

 In language arts, we had a couple more writing tests and they were about things that we have learned before. We mostly covered character traits, continues figurative language, and learned some new vocabulary words.

In social studies, we covered more on the 13 colonies and learned about all the acts and events that led up to the revolutionary war. We also learned about some important people and what they did.

In science, we covered our ecosystem restoration unit. We learned more about molecules, decomposers, and how animals and plants grow. This was my favorite unit of the whole year since I understood the content most.

The last few days of school were sad but also fun. We did many fun things such as online escape rooms and looked at slides showcasing all the material we covered this year.

Honestly, this 3rd trimester was probably the best since I knew my teachers most and because of that, we did a lot of things to interact with each other (virtually of course-). Well, that’s a goodbye to another year…

Comments

Popular Posts

Ice skating - Michelle Kwan

Chinese New Year