My 5th grade school year (Part 1)

 As my school year is coming to an end, I am thinking through everything that happened this school year. So many things were different and at the beginning it felt strange and awkward. Thinking back to everything that happened this year, I’m still doubting if it was a good year or not. Of all the events that happened… It’s hard to decide.

First Trimester

The first trimester of my 5th grade school year was probably the worst since we were still getting used to distance learning. This was also the trimester where my grades were the lowest and I was still confused on this whole distance learning format.

The first day of school was probably the smoothest out of the whole trimester since we did not have to do work and we just got introduced to our teachers.  Since we didn’t have work, we weren’t asking questions all day and we just were kind of quiet and confused.

This trimester, we did some fun things such as dress up days and also some drawings projects. Honestly, I don’t remember much since this was months ago.

Second Trimester

This trimester defiantly went smoother since we were used to the format of Google meet and Google classroom more. We started talking and participating more since we knew our teachers more and we weren’t to quirky about it. This trimester, I got the really good grades because I participated and listened more.

During this Trimester, we wrote more fun and creative essays such as us being trapped in a snow globe. We also had some small celebrations for holidays, and connected with other students more. Overall, this Trimester went smoother and better than the first.

One thing I did like about these two trimesters was that we did fun activities, met our teachers and classmates, and got all the work done.

These two trimesters were the most awkward but I still enjoyed everything that we did. The second trimester also held the biggest project of the year. The Wax museum. We had a lot of changes happening but overall these two trimesters were better than I thought they would be.

Comments

Popular Posts

Ice skating - Michelle Kwan

Chinese New Year