How 2021 is going so far (Part 2)

Since 2021 has started, I have been doing many things I never thought I would accomplish in just a month. I’ve learned a lot in school and did many things in my 3 classes. I also have had lots of family time and playing with my dad is something we do almost every night now. I am going to be going over school and things related to my education in part 2.

In school, I have learned many things and my teachers are really helpful. All my teacher’s have been teaching us new things almost every day and also how to use websites and things people now use a lot such as Google slides or Google docs. We are learning things that my parents don’t even know and it will really help me when I grow up.

In math, I am learning dividing numbers into fractions and using tape diagrams. We are also solving word problems that we would see in real world situations. My math teacher Ms. Bomgaars has us do a quiz every week to see how much we have been paying attention and how much we know. She is my homeroom teacher and gives us a lot of harder math problems because she was a 6th grade teacher and is preparing us for 6th grade.

My language arts teach Ms. P (or Ms. Porcunculia) is the strictest but we do a lot of fun activities in her class. We write a few essays a trimester and she goes through a long process but it makes our essays and writing look nice. Our most recent project/essay was our Wax Museum essay where we had to write a biography and speech about a person in history.  We also had to record a video of us presenting our speech for the whole school to see. This whole process took about 7 weeks and we worked on it for almost every school day we had.

My social studies/science teacher Ms. Palmer is probably the nicest teacher. We switch with Science and Social studies because we have 4 subjects but only 3 teachers. She teaches us a lot of history and things in social studies but also teaches us about Google slides and our Gmail. She taught us about molecules and atoms in our previous science unit. Ms. Palmer uses a website called pear deck to teach us the lessons and gets to “communicate” with us because she asks us a daily question before we start our lesson.

In my opinion, all my teachers are really supportive and help us in their own way. They help us so much and teach us a lot. We also do fun activities for holidays and have a lot of fun. In 2021, my teachers are helping me so much and they really want us to be prepared for harder grades and subjects.

Comments

Popular Posts

Ice skating - Michelle Kwan

Chinese New Year