What I did over winter break

 Recently, I went on winter break and had a lot of fun spending time with my family and having a nice relaxing time. I went in a short vacation and had a very fun Christmas and new year’s day/eve

My short vacation

On our short vacation, we went to a place called Palm desert which is close to Palm Springs. We stayed for about 3 nights with my mom and sister but 1 night with my whole family. 

The fun activities we did were going hiking on mountains, Swimming in hot spring water, and relaxing with my family. We went to Indian Palm canyons for hiking and hiked 3 miles on about 5 mountains. It was very fun and we went to have pizza for lunch after. Our hotel has natural hot spring water from the Earth and we had the chance to relax in the hot tubs made of the spring water.

On 2 of the nights we drove to Palm Springs to talk a walk after we ate dinner. We bought  Pho for dinner and got frozen yogurt for dessert.

Overall I really enjoyed this vacation and I am very grateful that we were allowed to go on a vacation.

Christmas

For Christmas this year, I gave my friends some gifts that suit their likes. I also got many cool gifts my friends gave me that again I am very grateful for. My favorite gift was a custom pillow with my name on it. It was from my family-friend Donna-Marie and Larry. After we opened our gifts I made some slime and played with it for a long time. While we ate lunch, we watched the movie Frozen II.

 After eating lunch and taking a break, we went for a bike ride and played around on the ramps at a school. When we finished dinner a little later, we went for a walk to city down to see the beautiful lights Christmas tree. We chased each other around and had a great time.


New years

On New Year’s Eve, we stayed up till hopefully midnight and celebrated with party poppers like some people do. I heard so many fireworks but did not see any. On New Year ’s Day I did not do much but be lazy and make up my new year’s resolutions. I am hoping it will be a better year and kind of get back to normal. 

This winter break I hoped I would get to do things with my family which I did get to do. Yet I also did so many other fun activities and had so much fun.


Comments

Popular Posts

Ice skating - Michelle Kwan

Chinese New Year