My Wax Museum Speech on Helen Keller

 For school, the whole 5th grade has been assigned to do a speech and oral presentation on someone in history. My person was Helen Keller and my speech had to be less than 3 minutes but over 2 minutes. All my facts came from my essay which I wrote a few weeks ago. In my opinion, my speech is pretty good and I covered all the facts I needed to include. My speech is below and I will be doing my oral presentation for school next week.

*Writes book* * Writes Nature is something everyo- Oh my I apologize! I was caught up writing my new book! Well Hello there! You must be wondering what I am doing here on this wonderful day! Before you know that, you must know my story or nothing will make sense!


Well, my name is Helen Keller and I was born on June 27, 1880 in Tuscumbia Alabama. I was born in a small cabin that my grandfather built many many years ago. My parents are Arthur H. Keller and Kate Adams Keller. I have 2 older half brothers and 2 younger sisters. When I was 19 months old, I was infected with an unknown disease that left me both blind and deaf for the rest of my life, so I hope you are there because I can’t hear or see you! When I was 6 years old, this amazing guy named Alexander Graham Bell examined me and suggested that my parents hire a teacher at the Perkins Institution for the blind. The school hired an amazing teacher named Anne Sullivan. She taught me so many things that helped me grow up such as Braille. Braille is a way for blind people to read. The words are made up of dots so they can feel them. I was only 7 years old at that time and I did not like to pay much attention. As I started to grow up I wanted to go to college so I went to Radcliffe College in Cambridge, Massachusetts. I was also the first deaf-blind person to receive a Bachelor of Arts degree! It was a big achievement for me and I really started to enjoy another thing. Writing books. I loved to write books and have written 10 books so far! The first book I wrote was called The Story of My Life which I published in 1902. I also spoke out about disabled rights because I wanted people with disabilities to have a little advantage over regular people. I was not married and did not have children but I had many friends to keep me company. Speaking of friends, me and Anne were friends for another 46 years! I will always be grateful for what Anne taught me. Right now I am 51 years old and am getting older and older. No one knows yet when that day will come… Well now that you know my story I must tell you what I am doing here. Well I am here to get inspiration for my next book of course! I would someday like to write a book about nature because of how beautiful it can be. Well sadly I have to get going but I hope you enjoyed learning my story and remember that life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all! *Continues writing* 


Comments

Popular Posts

Ice skating - Michelle Kwan

Chinese New Year