How my first Trimester of school went

2020. Well it’s not what anyone wanted but it happened. Everyone has to now be in distance learning and do everything online. My first Trimester of school has ended and it was not what I expected. Our teacher taught us like there was no distance learning and we got to learn many new things.

I have 3 main teachers that teach us the basic subjects but we also have 2 choirs’ teachers that teach us about music.  My main teachers are Mrs. Bomgaars (my homeroom and math teacher), Mrs. P (my language arts teacher), and Mrs. Palmer (my social studies and science teacher). My 2 choirs’ teachers are Mrs. Huntington, and Mr. Ron (I think).

In my math class, we have been learning decimal addition, decimal subtraction, and 3 by 2 digit multiplication. Each week we have a quiz based of what we learned during the week so our teacher can see if we have been paying attention during our meets.

In language arts, we have been learning the RACE strategy when writing. We learned the format of using this strategy and we wrote an essay using the RACE strategy. We also have been working on Main idea writing and figuring out the main idea and useful supporting details.

Since we only have 3 teachers and we have 4 subjects, one of the teacher’s has to switch between Science and Social Studies and that teacher is Mrs. Palmer (My favorite). In social studies, have been learning about Native Americans and their tribes. We also had to do a project with an essay and a poster board on a tribe we learned about. In science, we have been learning about astronomy and space. Our main question for the whole lesson was, How do stars move each night? And Why are some stars bigger than others? We found out the answers at the end of our lesson and it is pretty cool but also straight forward a little.

In my opinion, my first trimester was definitely  different than others but it was a trimester I will remember because of distance learning. I think our teachers still work as hard and try to keep us still gaining education even through this time.

Comments

Popular Posts

Ice skating - Michelle Kwan

Chinese New Year