How my school is going so far

Since school has started I have learned many new things that I never thought I would learn in 5th grade. I also did some fun activities online with my teachers and classmates.

This year I have three teachers and have to switch Google meets every hour or so. My teachers are Mrs. Bomgaars for my homeroom and first period, Mrs. P for 2nd period, and Mrs. Palmer for 3rd period.

Mrs. Bomgaars is our math teacher this year and maybe next year because she was a 6th grade teacher before. At the beginning of the year we reviewed multiplication in the standard form multiplying 2 by 3 digits.  After we reviewed some skills we learned the order of operations. Once I understood the process it got easier and easier. After that lesson we learned how to say decimals correctly, divide decimals, and now we are working on rounding decimals.

Mrs. P is our language arts teacher and she has been teaching the longest out of all the other teachers. She is a really good teacher and explains everything really well. We were learning the RACE strategy in writing but now we are working on main idea. We are also reading a book called Tuck Everlasting and we are also doing an interactive notebook on it. We are also starting our first essay about a haunted house.

Mrs. Palmer teaches us 2 subjects because we have 4 subjects but only 3 teachers so Mrs. Palmer teaches us Science and Social Studies. We started with Social Studies and learned about Native Americans and their tribes. We had to complete an interactive notebook and had a test at the end of our unit for the trimester. We then started learning science and space. We were trying to figure out why the stars move almost every day but then we learned the truth. We took a test at the end of the unit and we are going to start Social studies again on the next school day.

As you can see I have learned a lot so far and it has only almost been 1 trimester. I am really looking forward to what I am going to learn very very soon.

Comments

Popular Posts

Ice skating - Michelle Kwan

Chinese New Year