My first week of 5th grade

On Tuesday 8-18-20 I started my first day of 5th grade. We had to do it virtually and some things went wrong. But overall I had a really good first week and I really liked my teacher.

I am still going to the school called Stephen Foster Elementary school but I have different teachers and different classmates. This year my homeroom teacher is Mrs. Bomgaars. My 2 other teachers are Mrs. P. for 2nd period and Mrs. Palmer for 3rd period. Overall the strictest teacher is Mrs. P because she has been a fifth grade teacher the longest.

When we first got on our meet we did half of attendance because our teacher’s internet was not so good. She was really glitch and her voice kept cutting out but we just had to try to ignore that.

 After she got kicked out of the meeting, she just gave us so work to do on Google classroom. We just did the work independently and came back to the meeting at a certain time. By then our teacher had moved to another room to see if it would help.

When we came back in she just told us our homework and we left the meeting. Our homework was just to finish the assignment if we did not already finish it.

The next day when we came back into the meeting we took role for the whole class this time. After that we had to get three things in our house that represent us. I brought my ice skates because I like to ice skate, a picture that I painted because I love art, and some slime because I love slime.

After that our teacher gave us a homework assignment and we left the meeting.

The next day we started to switch periods and meet our other teachers. We still started out in Mrs. Bomgaars class and she taught us about growth mindset.  Even though she is our math teacher she wants us to start out learning about growth mindset. Then we got our homework and had our 10 minute break.

When our break was done we went into our next class which is Mrs. P’s class. She is our Language arts teacher and she just went over all the expectations and rules. For homework we just had to complete an all about me slide.

Our last class of the day was in Mrs. Palmer’s class. She is our Social Studies teacher. For our assignment we had to do a flipgrid video where we had to talk about our favorite snack. After we did that we did a quick states and capitals game.

Lastly of Friday we basically had the same layout but had different assignments.

Overall my first week of school has been very fun and I am really looking forward to what I am going to be learning in 5th grade. I am also excited for some of the projects that everyone does at our school in 5th grade like the wax museum and re-enactment (if we get to do it).

Comments

  1. I'm so happy to hear that you had a great first week of fifth grade. You have amazing teachers this year so you are lucky. I look forward to hearing about your incredible accomplishments in school and outside of school. I know you will work hard like you always do because you are a champion, Yani!

    Miss Ishida

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Ice skating - Michelle Kwan

Chinese New Year