Book review on finding the edge part 4

Since it is Summer I am not assigned any homework but I still read my books a lot. One book I really enjoy reading is called Finding the edge by US national champion, Karen Chen!! I really enjoyed reading her book and I want to share it with you. This is a part 4.

Karen was a good student in school but she would always be late because of training in the morning. When Karen was in 5th grade she was told that it was her last year in public school. Karen was very nervous but she also wanted to really focus on skating.

When Karen was 11 she won the 2010 Central Pacific Regional Championship!! She then realized that she could get really competitive.

Winning 2010 Regional’s qualified her to her first major national championship!! She was going to the US Junior Championship and she was competing at the level Juvenile which is the youngest level there. In her program she had a very tricky double axel (which is a jump where you spin around 3 times in the air) Her song to her program was called The Golden Pond and when they announced the winner they called some other girls name and Karen was very disappointed and she told herself what did I do wrong?

In my opinion Karen is a very talented skater even though she loses at lots of competition because that is how we learn. I wish that I would be able to train a lot to get a good exercise and I could take it very seriously to become a good figure skater.


Comments

Popular Posts

Ice skating - Michelle Kwan

Chinese New Year