Book review on Finding The Edge - part 3

I have come across an amazing book that I just found. It is called Finding The Edge by US National champion, Karen Chen!!!!!!!! The book is about her journey as a figure skater and it is a really good book in my opinion. This is part 3 of this book.

When Karen was 9, she broke her right ankle for the first time. It was a Saturday training session and she was practicing her program. Even though Karen was very tired she kept pushing herself because she hated the word lazy. Karen was doing a death drop (a jump into a spin) when she heard something crack. She slammed into the ice while her right ankle caught the floor.

When she went to the emergency room to get X-Rays she found out that a tiny piece of her bone had chipped out of her ankle and was just floating around. She just let the piece of bone float so she would not have to get surgery. But she did have to rest and not skate for a little while.

One of her grandmothers had gifted a Jade necklace to her when she was born but her mom never gave it to her. But after Karen broke her ankle her mom gave her the necklace.

Karen’s coach Gilley asked all of his students “What is your goal”. Usually his students would say “I want to go to the Olympics.”

In my opinion Karen’s book is amazing and it is cool to read about what happened in her life. I wish I would have started competing at a young age so I could get used to performing out there.

 

 


Comments

  1. I truly enjoyed reading all three parts of your book review on Finding the Edge. You chose a book that has many similarities to your life that you can relate to. I hope you were inspired by this book because you are an incredible ice skater yourself!

    Miss Ishida

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Ice skating - Michelle Kwan

Chinese New Year