The Outbreak of the Coronavirus


 Everyone knows about the outbreak of the Coronavirus right now. It is pretty crazy and a lot of people are freaking out about it (including me). Do you want to know how this outbreak started and what symptoms you get?

The Coronavirus is also known as COVID-19. There are many types of Corona viruses but right now we are dealing with The Novel Coronavirus. The Coronavirus was first identified in the 1960’s According to a video the Coronavirus is responsible to the common cold, SARS, and MERS.

Right now scientists say the virus comes from animals but they are not sure what animal yet. I also learned that the virus is a zoonotic disease and at first a lot of people that got the virus either worked or frequently shopped at the Huanan Seafood Wholesale Market. The market sales meat and live animals.

 According to a video, the virus may have been transferred from direct contact with animals either by touching them or eating them. There are 3 main symptoms you will have if you get this virus. Those 3 symptoms are dry cough, mild fever, and breathing issues. It can take up to 14 days to notice these symptoms.

The virus is more likely to infect an older person with a weak immune system more than a younger person with stronger immune system.

Sadly there are no vaccines or anyway to treat this deadly virus. But you should wash your hands with soap a lot (especially before you eat and after you come back from a place). You should avoid contact with wild animals and stay 6 feet away from people. Also do not go to crowded places like malls and shows (if they are open).The last thing you can do is use hand sanitizer a lot.

On 4-5-20 there are 28 cases where I live which is pretty scary. The only time I would go out is to take a walk.

Because of the virus I will not be going to school until fall. And all my classes are canceled so I have to do them online.  This is the most boring time of my life.

In my opinion the Coronavirus is terrible. I HATE the fact that I have to stay home for sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo long. I wish this did not happen.

Comments

Popular Posts

Ice skating - Michelle Kwan

Chinese New Year