How my online classes are going


Because of the outbreak of the Coronavirus I am forced to stay home and not go out. But I still have school work and online classes. My online classes are fun so do you want to know how they are going?

I have 3 online classes and school assignments. My 3 online classes are Ballet, Drawing, and off- ice ice skating. All my assignments are on Google classroom but I do extra math and language arts practice.

Ballet
I take ballet class 2 times a week (sometimes 3). It is really fun because we get to see our friends and we also get to do dance at home.

 My teacher is Ms. Paula and she is really nice. Even though we are online she can still see how we are doing. For ballet class we use zoom.

My level in ballet is ballet 2 so we are doing harder combinations and skill. At the beginning of class we stretch a little and then do our plies as a warm up. After that we go into our harder combinations. After our barre work (or at home our chair) we do a small combination and then do our jumps and turns.

Ms. Paula sometimes arranges an arts and crafts session on Tuesday and Thursday. We would use things that we find around our house. We once made maracas, tiaras, and finger puppets.

Drawing
I also take drawing class 2 times a week. I really enjoy it because we take turns in the class. Since it is 2 hours we get a break at the 1 hour mark. We also get to talk to each other and send emojis and pictures.

My teacher is Ms. Irish and she is very funny. We use our supplies we have at home and she gives us the steps to draw and color our picture. For drawing class we use Skype.

My level in art class is beginning sketching and painting so I am focusing on harder pictures that are mostly landscapes with paint and pictures with no color using just a pencil and sometimes graphite powder. We just work on our own picture and pick a picture from an online folder.

On 4-15-20 at 1:00 our teachers arranged a party for us with all of our teachers. It was really fun and we got to talk to each other, played a game, and went over how things are going to be.










Off Ice Ice Skating
I have only had 1 off ice ice skating class. It was really fun because it was a plank challenge. I got to see my friends and coach and got to work out a little.

My coach is Coach Katie and she is really nice and kind. All we needed was a yoga mat and space to plank. We did it to the cupid shuffle and worked out a lot. It was really fun and then she told us how we are going to do off ice.

Since I am working on harder spins and an axel my coach put me in beginning axel and advanced spin. I really enjoyed the class with her and can’t wait to do more.

In my opinion my online classes are very fun. I enjoy seeing friends from all my classes and I even met some new friends. But I wish I could go back to school because I love school!




Comments

  1. I am so glad you are enjoying all your online classes, Yani and keeping busy at home. I enjoy seeing your artwork because you are so talented. How is ballet and ice skating similar and different?

    Miss Ishida

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Miss. Ishida, ice skating and ballet are similar because we stretch, excercise, and you have to be flexible. They are different because in ice skating we use a spinner board to do our spins and we do jumps. But in ballet we do our more graceful things like plies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for replying to my question Yani! Keep up the great work with your blog!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Ice skating - Michelle Kwan

Chinese New Year