My Second Trimester Part 1 (Mrs. Silva’s class)


My second trimester has been very fun and I got pretty good grades on my report card. I also had a very fun time learning fun things and playing fun games with my friends.

I still go to Stephen Foster Elementary School and I am in 4th grade.

 My teachers are still Mrs. Silva that teaches the first period including language arts, Social Studies, and writing. Mr. Mangold teaches second period including Math, Science, and health. Mrs. Silva is a good teacher and she explains things very well. Mr. Mangold is also a good teacher and he explains well because he talks a lot.

My partner was Ella in first period and Michael in second period.

In Mrs. Silva’s class we take most tests there. We read a story every week and we take a spelling, vocabulary, and reading test.

At the beginning of the week our teacher gives us a weekly concept that has our spelling and vocabulary words on it. The spelling test is just a normal spelling test where the teacher reads the words and we write it down. The vocabulary test is that we study the words on the weekly concept and we have to either write down the meaning or select the word that matches the definition.

 The reading test is about the story we read. We answer questions that relate to the story.

We also sometimes take a social studies test and we read about different things about California.

In Mrs. Silva’s class we also have a reading notebook that we learn about a skill and do a page of exercises about it. We will write about what we learned and color a picture to go with it.

In P.E (physical education) we are getting ready for our test next year. In strength building we do sit ups, trunk lift, pushups, V sit, and jogging around our field. We are also learning sports like volleyball.  Every other Wednesday we also have stations such as hula hoops, jump ropes, paddles, parachute, throw and catch football, and soccer. We have P.E on Monday, every other Wednesdays, and Thursdays.

In my opinion my second trimester in Mrs. Silva’s class was very enjoyable and we learned a lot of new things. I also liked P.E a lot because we got to exercise and play exciting things sometimes.  I only wish that some of the students in our class do not always interrupt all the times.


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Ice skating - Michelle Kwan

Chinese New Year