Ice-skating Competition


On Sunday, November 24, 2019, I had my first solo ice skating competition! I had a lot of fun and even got a trophy!

The competition took place at Lakewood Ice Rink. It is a really big rink with three sheets of ice. I completed free skate 6 with the song Feel It Still by Portugal the Man. I competed against four people and got 5th place (last place). I got a turkey trophy and a tag that has my name on it. It was the 4th Annual Compete USA Competition.

The jumps I had are two axels with one and a half revolution jumps. One flip jump with a one revolution toe jump, and two waltz jump – half loop salchow. I also had a step sequence with kicks, toe toe toe’s, turns, spread eagles, and stag jumps. I met all the requirements which are five jumps, two spins, and a step sequence for my level. I think I did really well on my competition. Even though I did not win 1st place, my mom was proud of me and bought me How to Dork Your Dairy book.
I was a little nervous at first, but I got over it. My friends Jade, Katelin, and Casey also completed, but in a different level.

In my opinion, it is a little scary competing for the first time. I wish the other people I competed against did not cheat because their skill level is a lot higher than the level they competed.

Comments

  1. Congratulations on your first solo ice skating performance! I look forward to seeing your growth in 2020. I'm proud that you put in so much effort, hard work, and practice into your performance!

    Ms. Ishida

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Ice skating - Michelle Kwan

Chinese New Year