My Amazing Halloween


My 2019 Halloween was a blast and I had a lot of fun. I am going to tell you what amazing things I did during Halloween.

For Halloween this year, I was an ice skater with my skates on. I went with my sister, my friends, Chloe, Ivy, Charlote, and Ivy’s half sister Tessa. Chloe was from Harry Potter. Ivy was Ray from Star Wars. Charlote was Elsa and my sister was an unicorn girl. I went trick or treating with my friends because we all live in the same neighborhood. We got lots of candies! I and Chloe passed out candies as well. Sadly not many people came by our house for candies because we were the only house giving out candies on our street and we live in the middle of the block.

This year I also went trunk or treating at my school with my friends, Sofia, Ryle and Julie. We had a fun time truck or treating.

Now I am going to tell you some facts about Halloween. Did you know that Halloween is just a nickname for all Hallow’s Eve or the night before All Saints Day? According to a video back in the days, people had to dance, act or sing just to get candies. The traditional colors of Halloween are black and orange. Orange comes from the fall harvest and block represents death. Also, Harry Houdini, a famous magician died on Halloween night in 1926. According to an article, around 40% of Americans dress up in a costume and about 72% hand out candies. Did you know that Halloween is considered to be the 2nd most successful commercial holiday after Christmas? Also, originally Jack-O-Lanterns were carved from turnips and potatoes.

In my opinion, Halloween is a very fun and enjoyable holiday because it is fun to walk around in your costume.

My only wish is for my house to have lights and decorations that will attract people to our house to get candies.

Comments

Popular Posts

Ice skating - Michelle Kwan

Chinese New Year