Learning Chinese


I am taking Chinese classes at FECC! I am going to tell you what I have learned so far and I will also tell you about some Chinese Culture. You are about to read a super interesting text.

Before I was 8, I did not know how to read or write in Chinese. I only had to speak in Chinese to my Chinese speaking only grandparents, and also when I went to China.

I started getting serious about learning Chinese when I was 8, I started taking Chinese classes at Chinese school during the summer. My two Chinese teachers were Ms. Lin and Ms. Sunshine. When I was 8, my parents told me I was 100% Chinese, so I wanted to learn right away Chinese I did not know much Chinese. I started talking to my parents in Chinese a lot so I can learn even more. I also wanted to learn Chinese because it would make my life better with two languages instead of one. It would also mean I can go to China and talk to my family instead of asking my mom to say it for me. I am going to FECC afterschool Chinese classes. I am learning Chinese characters and learning how to write pronunciation and reading the characters.  On Friday, we watch a Chinese video so we can learn more Chinese. My mom also bought me a Chinese workbook to work on. In the workbook, I learn new characters, colors, numbers and the basic components of Chinese characters.

In my opinion, Chinese learning so far is really fun and interesting. I wish I could learn Chinese everyday so I can be good at it soon.

Comments

Popular Posts

Ice skating - Michelle Kwan

Chinese New Year