Ice Skating Camp


On Sunday, August 25, 2019, I went to an ice skating camp at Artesia East West Ice Palace. I learned new things and even met some famous people!

We had to get there at 7:30am on that day. We first did stretches and warm-ups, and then we got our skates on and did pumps and edges. After that, we had a break and then continued jumps. After a lot of jumps we did artistry in motion. The last thing we did was learning some jazz in the dance room.
When we warm-up, we did things like planks, and front and back kicks. What I learned about stretching is it gets your body warmed up and it prevents injuries.

After we got our skates on, we went on the ice. We did edges, crossovers and different types of 3-turns for jumps. We worked in groups. My group worked on Axels and Lutzes. From the jump session, I learned to go on the correct edge for Lutzes. For Axles I learned to jump using my ankle.
In Artistry in Motion, we did swizzles while the song Bad Guy was played. We could do anything like splits, swizzles, spread angles, and just anything we wanted to do. In this session, I learned the fun part of skating and when you have to work hard.

In Jazz session, I learned how to do some jazz moves.

Some famous people I met were Karen Kwan who taught us Artistry in Motion and I got her autograph. There were also MingZhu Li, Namhoon Ryu, Ekaterina Gordeeva and Coach Tyrone for warm-ups.

In my opinion, the camp was very fun and I learned, but at the same time very tiring.
I wish we got to meet more famous people and I wish it could last longer.

Comments

  1. Wow, your blog was so descriptive I felt like I was there. I still remember your excellent ice skating performance at the Artesia East West Palace. Please continue to share your love of writing and I hope you are having a wonderful fourth grade school year.

    Ms. Ishida

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Ice skating - Michelle Kwan

Chinese New Year