Mother’s day 2019


On mother’s day 2019 my mom and I had a great time. It was filled with many cool activities.

On the morning of mother’s day I gave her my presents. The presents were a card with 10 things I love about her and a little heart bowl that I glued shells in as an art and craft that I did in school. My sister had to bring her mother’s day gift home on Monday because she did not go to school on Friday. My sister gave my mom a fabric and towel dress and many cards. My mom said that she wanted my sister and I to not fight and we did do that.

We went to my dad’s store in Riverside to help out because the store was busy that day. In the store I watched videos and did my blog. At the end of the day my family went to the Pam Am fiesta at Mayfair Park. I saw my BFF Ivy at the carnival and went on many rides with her. Some of the rides I rode were the slide, Zipper, bumper cars, the swings, the dragon, and the berry go round.

Now I will tell you the history of mother’s day. Anna Marie Jarvis is the founder of Mothers day. According to an article, President Woodrow Wilson proclaimed that May 9th 1914 was the first Mothers day. He asked Americans on that day to give a public “thank you” to all mothers.

Mother’s Day in U.S. is celebrated on the 2nd Sunday of May. Did you know that Mother’s Day has different dates around the world? According to my research, besides Easter and Christmas, Mother’s Day is the busiest day of the year for family gathering. Ancient Greeks, Romans, and Christians celebrated it as a festival. In the 1900 before the Civil War, Ann Reeves Jarvis started groups like the Mother’s Day Wory Clubs. The real Mother’s Day started after 1905. By 1912 everybody was celebrating the Mother’s Day we know today. Some ways you can celebrate Mother’s Day is by making breakfast for moms, making cards, and show her how much you appreciate your mom.

I really liked the Mother’s Day this year because it was fun and I spent some time with my mom.

Comments

Popular Posts

Ice skating - Michelle Kwan

Chinese New Year