Soaring on Ice


As some of you might know that I do ice skating. I have been doing it for about 3 years. Ice skating has been very fun for me. 

In April 2019 I am in the level free skate 6 which is a pretty high and hard level.
I go skating on Fridays and Saturdays. On Fridays I usually take an off-ice class with my private coach, a public class, and a private lesson with my coach. Sometimes on Friday I take a spin class. On Saturdays I take either a spin class or power stroking class, private lesson, and a public class.

  On Saturday April 13 I took my first ice skating moves in the field test. I passed the test. I had to wear a black or dark colored skating dress with skin colored tights. The test was a little scary for me because I messed up on one of the skills, but I still passed. I was also relived that I got a nice judge instead of a strict judge even though only 1 judge was a little stricter.

My amazing private coach, Coach Katie helped me a lot on the ice skating test. Katie always helps me on things in my level or things in the tests.

I have many friends at the rink, but my best friends there are Isabella, Katelyn, Bena, Celine C., Celine, Nathan, Christine, Lauren, Francine, and Katie.

 I have good news, I am going to do my first ice skating competition coming up at the end of April 2019. I am doing a pairs\duet with Christine. We are doing a very cute performance to the song “We Go Together”. My private coach and her private coach are planning the routine together.

First I have to say my biggest opinion is that skating is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much FUN for me! I also enjoy having so many friends because some kids have no friends at all so I am thankful for that.

My only wish is that I wish to get a Zuca bag but my mom said that she might get me a Zuca because I passed my moves in the fields test and if I do well on my competition.

This has been my amazing ice skating experience. I think it has been a very good one so far but I think it will go on because I like every single thing about it.

Comments

  1. It was great to watch you at your ice skating performance! You are an incredible ice skater and scholar. Your determination and hard work will take you far. Keep up the great work Yani!

    Ms. Ishida

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Ice skating - Michelle Kwan

Chinese New Year