My Amazing Month of March at School


During the month of March I had an amazing time. I also got a special award that I will tell you about later in this post.

In our class we continue doing workshop and have a must do list and a may do list. Usually our must do’s are  read for 30 minutes, write our spelling words in our planner, vocabulary flipbook, finish old work packets,  or reread 3 stories from our anthology textbook. A vocabulary flipbook is a flipbook with our vocabulary words on the front, and once you flip it says the meaning of the word. Our may do list are in a purple folder or we can choose to use a chrome book on Thursday. Our purple folder is a folder that we keep the work we can choose to do.

In math classes, we are learning fraction using division and multiplication. We are in Module 5 in math. Sometimes we play a math game called Save by the Bell. Our teacher shows us a multiplication card, and we press the buzzer if we know the answer. If we get the answer correct, we get a point and whichever team has the most points gets a prize.

On Friday, we take spelling tests and vocabulary tests. Before the spelling test, we play a game called Sparkle.

The special award I got in March was Student of the Month! I got it for striving for excellence at school. Striving for excellence means to learn from your mistakes and try your best.

I am one of the only students to check out book from our class room library.

This month I got a St. Patrick day book to read to my sister from class auction.

Every week we read 1 story form our reading writing workshop textbook and 1 story from our anthology textbook.

We also did a Charlotte’s Web art and craft with one of our classmates grandma and one of our classmates mother. The art and craft was really fun and exciting.

My opinion is that I have a nice class and teacher because my teacher does a lot of fun things other classes don’t do.

It was a very interesting month to me because we did a lot of fun activities at school. More importantly, I got student of the month because I tried hard during 3rd grade so far.

Comments

  1. Congratulations on earning the Student of the Month award for Striving for Excellence! You have demonstrated academic excellence and have been working hard every day. I'm glad you enjoy all the activities we do in class. What do you look forward to in fourth grade?

    Ms. Ishida

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Ice skating - Michelle Kwan

Chinese New Year