The Best Grandparent’s Day


On March 14 my family friend came to my school for grandparent’s day lunch. We had an amazing time together.

His name is Carl and my mom and dad have known him before I was born. He got me a sandwich, soup, and chips for lunch, and a cake pop for dessert. He bought the lunch from Conner Bakery Café.  We talked about how I am doing at school and what I am learning. Like I said earlier, he is my family friend, but he is not my real grandpa. My real grandparents are all the way in China right now. My mom said she met him on a walk a long time ago before I was born. We have known him for a long time. I took a picture with Carl at the photo booth. The props I used were a St. Patrick’s Day hat, a green feather boa, and a necklace. Since Carl could not find a table, we sat with a boy named Zack and his grandparents. I know Zach from the YMCA after school care. Carl coming to Grandparent’s Day means a lot to me because this is one of the only times I can have someone come to my school for Grandparents Day.

We had a great time together because I usually don’t get to spend that much time with him. I wish we could sit in the shade on that day since it was really hot, and we had PE right before lunch time.

As you can see that I had a great time at my school’s Grandparent Day.

Comments

  1. It was so nice meeting Carl at Grandparents Day at school. I'm so happy that you really enjoyed spending time with him and having a delicious Corner Bakery lunch. He is welcome to come to Open House on May 7th!

    Ms. Ishida

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Ice skating - Michelle Kwan

Chinese New Year