I love Slime


During summer 2018 I took a slime class but now I want to tell you something behind the scenes. I will also tell you how to make slime. Do you want to learn behind the scenes of slime with me?

To make slime you will need glue, baking soda, contact lens solution, and water. If you use a different activator you do not need to add the baking soda. If you want, you can add lotion, color, glitter, sequences, foam balls or other things.

First, you pour some glue in, next, you can put location, color glitter, etc. and mix them. After that, you add some water, and then you put in baking soda and mix them up again. Last, you add contact lens solution. After you put in your activator, you will mix them and add more until it is not sticky.
I like slime because it is fun to play with, and it is also a stress reliever if you put it into a balloon. I also like slime because you can have fun, but also learn something from making it.

According to an article, glue has long flexible molecules in it called polymers. The polymer molecules pass each other as a liquid. If you used borax, here is a fact for you: Borax in water forms an ion called the borate ion. When borax is added to glue, they borate ions help link the long polymer molecules to each other, so they cannot move and flow as easily. When enough polymer molecules get hooked together in the right way, the glue changes from being liquid to a rubbery kind of stuff.
I prefer to have non-sticky but soft slime instead of sticky but hard.

In my opinion, slime is fun, and I make good slime because I make it stretchy and a little sticky.

I wish I could make slime in our school for a party. I also wish I could use food coloring for slime instead of paint in the slime because I heard paint is not too good for making slime.

This is why I like slime.  I did not know there was this much to learn about make slime.







Comments

Popular Posts

Ice skating - Michelle Kwan

Chinese New Year