Da Vinchi and Mona Lisa


Do you like to draw? This post is going to be about a famous artist named Leonardo Da Vinchi.

I got the idea because in my Art GATE class I learned a little bit about him, but I want to learn more.

He grew up in Vinci, Italy. His parents were not married when was born. His dad was a public official who certified legal documents. He was born on April 15, 1452, and he died on May 2, 1519. Leonardo was an Italian artist, sculptor, engineer, painter, architect and scientist.

His most famous painting was a portrait called Mona Lisa. According to an article, Da Vinchi was taught by an artist called Andrea Virture. Leo was a good artist because he was a drawer and painter, and was so good at them. He was creative with the painting Mona Lisa’s background and her face. According to an article, the Mona Lisa painting is around 500 years old. The Mona Lisa was painted in Florence, Italy, and took about 3-4 years to be completed. The Mona Lisa is an oil painting on a wood panel. The technique in Mona Lisa is called Sfumato. It is the first painting that used the one point perspective, i.e. the use of background and it became the standard for all future portrait paintings. Mona Lisa was stolen on  August 21, 1911 by Vincenzo Perugg.

In my opinion he is a great artist because he tries his best and it turns out good.

I wish I could draw like him because he is so good that I am kind of jealous of his drawings.

This is all the cool facts about Leonardo Da Vinchi. I loved learning facts about him because he is such a good artist.




Comments

Popular Posts

Ice skating - Michelle Kwan

Chinese New Year