My First Sleepover


Have you ever been on a sleepover? This is my first sleepover experience. My first sleepover was a fun and exciting one.

For the sleepover I went to the Pacific Aquarium in Long Beach. I went on the sleepover with my school. If you did go you had to be in GATE which means gifted and talented education. You had a choice if you were in GATE to go or not to go and my mom said it was fine for me to go. My friends Sofia, Ivy, and Elijah also went to the sleepover. The animals we saw were fish, sharks, rays, sea otters, jellyfish, sea stars, and penguins. The girls slept by the sea otters and the boys slept by the diver’s tank. During the sleepover, we cut opened a dead squid; watch a movie about penguins; fed fishes; and talked to a diver diving.

I have learned a few things in the sleepover. Penguins have brown fur when they were first born, and stingrays have eyes at the bottom of their body. I also learned that squids can shoot ink so they can block their predators.

The sleep over was on a Wednesday night in January. We had pizza and salad for dinner, and we had cereal for breakfast.

In my opinion, it was fun because we did a lot of fun things.

Did you enjoy my first sleepover? I hope you did. If you have been on one, then please tell me how it went.

Comments

  1. I'm happy to hear that you had such a memorable experience on the GATE overnight field trip to the aquarium. I'm glad you were able to participate in activities that involve two things you love: the ocean and animals.

    Ms. Ishida

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Ice skating - Michelle Kwan

Chinese New Year