The Amazing Singer Katy Perry


Have you ever heard songs by Katy Perry? Have you ever wanted to learn about her? Well I hope you do because she is a great singer.

Some songs she sang were Firework, Dark Horse, California girls, Roar, and many many more.
 She was born on October 25, 1984 in Santa Barbra. Katy is 34 years old. She started singing at the age of 9 in 1992.

 Did you know that Katy’s real name is Kathryn Elizabeth Hudson? According to an article she has helped Selena Gomez write some songs. Katy is famous because she is the only female singer to get 5 number –one single from one Album on the US Billboard Hot 100. She has won 5 American Music Awards, 14 people’s Choice Awards, 4 Guinness World Records, A Brit Award, and a Juno Award. Katy’s parents are both Pastors. Katy started her singing career at her parents church at the age of 9, and sang until was 17. According to an article, she grew up with strict Pentecostal Christian parents. She wasn’t even allowed to watch the smurf movie or read Harry Potter books.

Katy had a cool 28th birthday treat – she had lunch with the First Lady, Michelle Obama.

My favorite Katy Perry song is Hot-n-Cold because it is nice to listen to. She is a good singer because she has a beautiful voice.

I wish I could sing like Katy Perry because I like her songs and her voice is beautiful.

Did you like learning about Katy Perry? I did and I hope you liked it as much as I did.

Comments

Popular Posts

Ice skating - Michelle Kwan

Chinese New Year