Facts about Helen Keller


Hi!  Have you ever heard about Helen Keller? If you are reading this keep on reading these interesting facts.

I got the idea because I have read one or two books about her and I want to learn more about her. She was born on June 27, 1880, and she died on June 1, 1968. She had two siblings, Mildred Campbell and Phillip Brooks Keller, and two older half-brothers. Helen Keller became blind because she had an unknown illness at the age of 19 months. People who were blind could read, but they used a method called Brielle which are dot in a book or, on paper that represent a letter.  Helen Keller lived in in Tuscaroras ,Alabama USA. Her teacher was Anne Sullivan. She started walking at age 1. Keller wrote many books about her life and was the first blind person who earned her college degree.

If Helen was still alive, I would want to ask her how she wrote books when she was blind.

In my opinion Keller was strong because she did so many things even if she was blind.

If you know more facts about Helen please share them with me. I would love to learn more about her.


Comments

Popular Posts

Ice skating - Michelle Kwan

Chinese New Year