Volcanoes

I did a fun research about the Earth Event Volcanoes. I got the idea because I was studying volcanoes for my school science project.

Volcanoes can live on land and in the water. The color of lava depends on its temperature. Lava starts out bright oranges. As it cools it changes to bright red, then to dark red and then brownish red. When a volcano erupts it sounds like a giant hammer. When a volcano erupts there is poison ash that can move as fast as a bullet train. When lava dries up it can create layers and layers to make a mountain shape. Volcanoes erupt 50 - 70 times each year. The lava from a volcano is dangerous because it can kill or hurt people. A volcano can do a lot of damage to plants, animals, and other things. The name volcano comes from the Roman name Vulcan the Roman God of fire. There are roughly 1,500 volcanoes that erupted on land within the last 10,000 years.

In my opinion Volcanoes are cool, dangerous and the best earth event.

My wish is that no volcanoes happen in California because I could get hurt.

I loved learning about volcanoes. I hope you did too. Just to let you know be aware of volcanoes because they might hurt you.

Comments

  1. I'm happy to see that you did more research after you completed your Earth Event project for school. You are a great scholar and researcher! Keep up the great work Yani!

    Miss Ishida

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Ice skating - Michelle Kwan

Chinese New Year