Facts About Tiger

I would like to share some interesting tiger facts with you. I got the idea because I was born in the Tiger year and I wrote about tigers for my project with Eljah Abdar-Raheam.

Now I am going to share some interesting tiger facts with you. Today tigers may only be found on the territory of 14 countries. Most tigers are found in Asia. Bengal, Indochinese, Malayan, Siberian, Sumatran, and South China tigers belong to the list of surviving species. A tiger is the largest cat on Earth. Adult male tigers are 8.2-13ft and adult female tigers are 6.6-9ft.

Tigers are mammals which means they are warm blooded and feed milk to their babies. Tigers are also carnivals which means they eat meat. Tigers are predates which means they eat other animals and are at the top of the food chain. Tigers eat other animals such as buffalo, deer, wild pigs, monkey, wild bore, lizards, and sometimes porcupines. They travel many miles to find their prey and tigers stock their prey.

Tigers live on their own. The only time tigers are together is when the mommy tiger has babies, their mom stays with her cubs for about two years. A tiger roar can be heard 1 mile or 2 kilometers. Tiger love water and sometimes will cool themselves off in water.

Tigers are in danger, only 3,000 to 4,000 tigers are on the earth.  There are three definite colors of tigers: standard orange with black stripes, white with black or dark stripes, and the golden tiger with cinnamon strips.

Tigers are very powerful. These are some tiger names: Amaror Siberian tiger, Bengal tiger, South China Tiger, Malayan tiger, Indo-Chinese tiger, Sumatran tiger, Bail tiger, Javan tiger and Caspian tiger. A male tiger weighs 200-670 lbs and female tiger weights 140-370 lbs.

In my opinion Tigers are strong and good animals because they can camouflage and they are really powerful.  If I were a tiger I would take care of my cubs and find food to eat.

I hope you enjoyed learning about tigers and I would like to know what year you were born in and if you could choose another year would it be Tiger, Dragon, Pig, Dog, Ox, Rat, Rooster, Rabbit, Snake, Horse, Sheep or Monkey or you like your year and you don't want to change it. Bye :)


Comments

Popular Posts

Ice skating - Michelle Kwan

Chinese New Year