St. Patrick's Day

I am going to write about St. Patrick's Day because I want you to know more about St. Patrick's Day. The St. Patrick's Day is on March 17.

This is the history of St. Patrick's day. When Patrick was age 16 he was kidnapped by the Irish Raiders and taken as a slave to an island. He spent  six years working on the island and during that time he found God. Patrick died on March 17 and was buried at Downpatrick. We celebrate St. Patrick's day on March 17. To celebrate people have parties and parades. Some people say if you don't wear green you will get pinched by the leprechaun but I  don't believe there is a real leprechaun.

People started celebrating St. Patrick's day on 1762. Blue was first color for St. Patrick's day but it changed in the 17th century. Green is one of the colors on the Ireland flag. We also wear green because it is the landscape color and the spring color.

In my opinion I like St. Patrick's Day because you get to wear green and some times I eat green eggs and ham.

As you can see why I like St. Patrick's day and why I chose this topic.

  

Comments

Popular Posts

Ice skating - Michelle Kwan

Chinese New Year