Martin Luther King Jr.


I am going to write about Martin Luther King Jr. so we can learn some facts about him.

Dr. King had a lot of speeches his famous one is the I have a dream speech, it goes like this " I have a dream that my four children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character."

Dr. King led a lot of marches. He believed all people should have the same freedoms. All his speeches were very powerful. Back then blacks had to give up there spot on the bus and give it to a white person. Dr. King had a father, grandfather and his wife named Coretta Scott and four children in his family. Dr. King became a minister like his father and grandfather.

People celebrate him on January 15th to. To celebrate him, people draw pictures and write about our dreams. We celebrate him on the 15th because that is his birthday.

In my opinion Dr. King was a good leader because he was a strong person that made African Americans have freedom. I like the law he made because it is not fair that whites had a better life back then.

I would like to be a good leader and I am going to achieve that by becoming smart and strong. I think I need to go to school and learn as much as I can and in school I need to work hard and smartly.

I hope you also think Dr. King was a good leader and if you like him remember him and this special dream that made African Americans have freedom.

Comments

Popular Posts

Ice skating - Michelle Kwan

Chinese New Year