Books I Read

This week I read two books. The first book I read was called "Bees". The second book I read was called "Emperor Penguins".

These are some facts I learned about bees. Bees make the buzzing sound by flapping their wings and their wings touch to make the buzzing sound. Bees can be different colors. Some can be red blue or even bright green! Bees live everywhere except the North and South Poles. Bees build homes called nests. Honeybees live in a group called colonies and their homes are called hives. As many as 70,000 bees can live in one hive. That is about as many people as go to the Super Bowl!! Only female bees have a stinger. Worker honey bees sting only once and then die. The honey bees make the honey we eat. Bees eat some of the honey then a bee keepers collect the rest. Once in my backyard there was a gigantic bee hive and my dad had to call someone to get the bee hive removed. If I were a bee I would be the Queen bee and stay inside to be safe. In my opinions I like the book because I learned a lot of information.

Now I am going to tell you about Emperor Penguins. This is the life cycle of a Emperor Penguin. The parents go to their rocky. A rocky is where the penguins rise their family. The mother penguin lays the eggs then she goes to find food and the daddy puts the egg under his brood pouch and stands still for nine weeks. The the egg cracks and an Emperor Penguin chick comes out. The chick is covered with soft gray down. After the chick is born it sits in it's father's brood pouch. The parents take turns taking care of the chick. Later the chicks are too big to fit under their parents brood pouch. They stay in a group called a Creche. Soon they are an adult penguin. A Emperor Penguin can camouflage. With it's dark skin, it can hid in the dark and water. It's white skin can camouflage in the snow. A penguin stays warm with their fat under their skin. A Emperor Penguin can stand as tall as a second grader. If I were a Emperor Penguin, I would play with other penguins. In my opinion the baby penguins are cute.

I hope you learned a lot about penguins and bees and do you know anything about penguins or bees?



Comments

Popular Posts

Ice skating - Michelle Kwan

Chinese New Year