Glaciers

I did a research about glaciers. I am going to write this because I was interested in glaciers. Also because at school I am doing a research about earth and my research is about volcanoes and I want to learn about other topics too.

Most glaciers are in Antarctic and Greenland but they are nearly on every continent. A glacier is a persistent body of dense ice that is constantly moving under it's own weight. A glacier is formed from compacted layers of snow. When new layers of snow falls, previous layers compress into the ice. A glacier is not like regular ice. Regular ice is clear but a glacier is blue, light blue and dark blue. The shape of a glacier can be curved, V shaped, Valleys, and U shape valleys.

in my opinion doing this research was educational, fun and exciting. my Mom and my Dad helped me a little but I mostly did it by myself. The one who mostly helped me was my Dad.

I learned some interesting facts about glaciers and the new words I learned were compress, dense, compacted and persistent. My research was really fun and educational. I hope you think it is educational and fun. :)

Comments

  1. Wow Yani, I am so impressed with your research about glaciers. Please share the valuable information you learned with the Glaciers Group in class. Keep up the fantastic writing and research!

    Ms. Ishida

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Ice skating - Michelle Kwan

Chinese New Year